The Joshua Harr Shane Foundation supports the community by sponsoring the ongoing development of patient health and rehabilitation facilities at the Robert Wood Johnson Hospital, Hamilton, NJ campus. The Joshua Harr Shane Foundation has sponsored the development of the following three patient facilities:
- Joshua Harr Shane Patient Rehabilitation Room for Physical Therapy
- Joshua Harr Shane Stroke Gym
- Joshua Harr Shane PET/CT Suite
Read what’s going on at the Joshua Harr Shane Foundation. Print out some Media Books and hand them out to friends and colleagues. This is a great way to see what we’re all about!
I’m sure it will be, thank you so much! We are still on the road. We will be getting in very late because we were stopped in a wreck. Traffic was backed up for like 12 miles at a stand still. We got a late start anyway because Peyton wanted to on his class field trip first to see a play this morning. He cried when he thought he would miss it so we had to make sure he went! I appreciate you taking care of that for us! That hotel is so nice and such an awesome rate for the families going to the hospital.
Everything went wonderfully with Peyton’s hospital visit and we don’t have to go back for 6 months or so (thank the Lord!!!) Brand new braces and we are SET! He was such a good boy on the trip – he asked and asked to go see Lady Liberty so we took him up on the Jersey side over to see her before heading home. We can’t thank you enough for your help in what is hopefully the last trip until the holidays or after.
I got your gift card in the mail and wanted to say thank you so much and it will be used for Peyton – he needs these special socks for his new braces so i am going to place an order. They’re so expensive and insurance doesn’t cover them.
It has been a long time since we have really needed any assistance with travel expenses to Philadelphia for Peyton’s care but I am in a tough place right now. We had to go up in Aug and he has to return for appointments on Sept 21. I have run out of paid leave at work and my mortgage is past due. It’s just me, dad is no longer in the picture so I’m just in a rough spot. Would the Foundation be able to assist with gas and tolls? Anything to provide relief this month – I would be so grateful.
We have accomplished so much with your generous support:
- We have provided aid to families in need with special focus on helping seriously ill people and special needs individuals and their families.
- We assist critically ill and special needs individuals with rent, mortgages, utilities, medical procedures and equipment, experimental treatment, related travel expenses. We have worked in conjunction with Boston Children’s Hospital to provide these services to the families of infants and children suffering from genetic heart defects.
- We endowed The Joshua Harr Shane Patient Rehabilitation Room for Physical Therapy, The Joshua Harr Shane Stroke Gym at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in Hamilton, New Jersey and the PET/CT Suite and Cancer Institute of New Jersey at the Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in Hamilton, New Jersey.
- More than $10,000 worth of supplies has been donated, collected, sent, and delivered to hurricane victims in Texas. Over $1200 in supplies has been sent to Puerto Rico. We are presently collecting funds to supply gifts for the holidays for the children of the Florida Keys that lost everything during Hurricane Irma…and supplies for Puerto Rico.
- Since September 11, 2001, the Foundation has provided ongoing charitable support to our military service men and women and their families. We have sent care packages from home and much needed supplies to our troops serving overseas via the Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst. In 2016, we began to support our military even more locally by giving out gift certificates for lunch at the Columbus Flea Market as a ‘thank you’ to our soldiers and veterans for their incredible service and self-sacrificing spirit to make a difference.
The Embrace Kid’s Foundation, Better Beginnings Day Care Center and Mercer County Womanspace have been, and still are, organizations that we have regularly supported.
Joshua’s dream was to become a doctor. He always helped people in need, from strangers to friends, and stood up for what he thought was right as a natural leader who made a difference. The Foundation is grateful for the opportunity to honor students who give of themselves unconditionally and proudly offers annual scholarships to that end. It is because of you — #JoshLives!
Feel good, help change a life today, donate now: www.JoshuaHarrShane.org/donate. All donations are tax deductible.
Volunteers are always welcome! To learn more, call 732-713-7549.
Michael and Jessica were to be married last October. Due to his illness they were married in a small religious service. We tried to send them for a Honeymoon weekend. This proved to be impossible, instead we gave them a date night which we intend to repeat over and over again.