Restore Our Shore
After hurricane Sandy Union Beach, a Jersey Shore town, was hit extremely hard. Over 85% of their homes were destroyed. We tried to make a difference. Clothing and other necessities were donated to Union Beach as well as other shore towns.
Restore Our Shore was a Campaign under the Joshua Harr Shane Foundation that provided grants to 501c-3 nonprofit to restore the Jersey Shore. Every 2 weeks grants up to $5000 were donated to help make a difference. Joshua Harr Shane Foundation provided grants to rebuild the Jersey Shore to the following 501c nonprofits.
- OCEAN CITY C.A.R.E. clean up and recovery effort
- BELMAR FIRST AID SQUAD for the purchase of communication equipment
- MERCY CITY food pantry
- St PAUL’S UNITED METHODIST CHURCH for commercial ovens in order to provide meals for those displaced
- UNION BEACH FIRST AID SQUAD to replace oxygen tanks
- SEA BRIGHT RISING
- U NEED HELP
- ALLIANCE FOR A LIVING OCEAN-clean up supplies
- INTERFAITH NEIGHBORS to replace meals on wheels truck
- MONMOUTH BEACH FIRE COMPANY to replace ice/water rescue suits
- TOMS RIVER PEOPLE’S PANTRY
Approximately $80,000 was raised from after the storm through Memorial Day. There were no costs involved with this program. The small costs that were incurred were covered by JHSF.